Once again, Bandcamp will be waiving their revenue share to help music artists and labels.
A message from Bandcamp:
The Covid-19 pandemic continues to impact all of us, and artists have been hit especially hard as tours and shows are canceled for the foreseeable future. With such a major revenue stream drying up almost entirely, finding ways to continue supporting artists in the coming months is an urgent priority for anyone who cares about music and the artists who create it.
On March 20, 2020, we waived our revenue share in order to help artists and labels impacted by the pandemic. The Bandcamp community showed up in a massive way, spending $4.3 million on music and merch—15x the amount of a normal Friday— helping artists cover rents, mortgages, groceries, medications, and so much more. It was truly inspiring.
But the pandemic and its impact on the music community aren’t over, so on May 1, June 5, and July 3 (the first Friday of each month), we’re waiving our revenue share for all sales on Bandcamp, from midnight to midnight PDT on each day.
(Over 150 artists and labels are offering discounts, exclusive items, merch bundles, and more this Friday.)
Musicians will continue to feel the effects of lost touring income for many months to come, so we’re also sharing some ideas below on how fans can support the artists they love and how artists can give fans new, creative ways to provide support.
It may sound simple, but the best way to help artists is with your direct financial support, and we hope you’ll join us through the coming months as we work to support artists in this challenging time.
Co-Founder & CEO
For more about Bandcamp and their fundraiser, go here.
You don’t need to restrict yourself to supporting music. Local artists of all kinds in your community could use your help in these difficult times.
If you live in the United States of America, the malfeasance, incompetence, and self-centeredness of Donald Trump and his cronies have resulted in needless thousands of dead and even more thousands infected with COVID-19. These dead and sick are your friends, neighbors, relatives, and loved ones. While it is true that some people would inevitably sicken and die in this pandemic, Trump’s actions and lack of action raised the toll significantly. His lies and stupidity have misled the public, making the health and economic impacts of this pandemic much worse.
There can be only one response to this calamity of epic proportions. Trump must be voted out of office in November. There is no other rational response. This coming election, you must do your duty, vote Trump out of office so the U.S. can again have some competent leadership.
43) The home of this spectacularly busy criminal with a diverse array of fresh crimes: Florida man facing 12 charges after allegedly committing 3 crimes in one day
44) Clearly the place where this complete and total idiot wishes he was from: ‘Bored’ Idaho man arrested in Florida for driving on beach
45) The place where this child-abusing son-of-a-bitch should be spending time in jail: Florida man put laxatives in boy’s medication, deputies say
11) The Trumpism expression “Lock her up!” seems appropriate here: Texas mayor under investigation after viral photo shows her in nail salon despite stay-at-home order
12) Goddam conspiracy theory nut-jobs should go back to their flat earth meetings and stay there: She’s been falsely accused of starting the pandemic. Her life has been turned upside down
NASA and SpaceX have announced the date for the first manned flight to launch from the U.S. since the Space Shuttle program ended in 2011.
NASA has not used its iconic “worm” logo on a spacecraft since 1992. But as the above photo shows, the logo is back for this historic launch.
8) Criminally ignorant so-called law-maker: Idaho representative compares coronavirus lockdown to Nazi Germany
9) At least the cops caught this piece of shit: Cops enforcing coronavirus restrictions on Florida beach nab fugitive murder suspect
10) These pastors should go to jail, they’ve been living like parasites for years and years: Louisiana pastor Tony Spell defends asking worshipers to give stimulus money to evangelists amid coronavirus
6) Because some people are complete and total shit heads: Nurses at a hospital in Westchester leave coronavirus ICU shift to find tires slashed
7) Just how stupid can meth make a person?: Iowa woman drives to police station to have meth tested for coronavirus: cops