Category: In the news
Tragic death? Maybe. Well-earned? Yes.
A member of the Texas Taliban got sick and died. No doubt many, if not most, of the circle of people around him will assume this is God’s Will™. So be it. Thank you God for eliminating a voice of lethal misinformation in a way that provides an abject lesson to the unfortunate fools that were listening to him.
Support your favorite artists again!
Once again, Bandcamp will be waiving their revenue share to help music artists and labels.
A message from Bandcamp:
On the first Friday of every month since March of 2020, we’ve waived our revenue share to help support the many artists who have seen their livelihoods disrupted by the pandemic. Over the course of these 13 days, fans paid artists and labels $56 million dollars, helping cover rents, mortgages, groceries, medications, and much more. If you’re among the nearly 800,000 fans who participated, thank you.
If you’ve started to feel guilty about buying music on any day other than Bandcamp Friday, here’s something to keep in mind: on Bandcamp Fridays, an average of 93% of your money reaches the artist/label (after payment processor fees). When you make a purchase on any other day of the month (as 2.5 million of you have since March, buying an additional $190 million worth of music and merch) an average of 82% reaches the artist/label. Every day is a good day to directly support artists on Bandcamp!
Co-Founder & CEO
You don’t need to restrict yourself to supporting music. Local artists of all kinds in your community could use your help in these difficult times.
55) The place where this moron must have been thinking “I ain’t afraid of no damn British car!”: Florida man injured after sticking his arm in jaguar pen at local zoo
56) The place where this monstrous asshole will be spending an inadequate amount of time in prison: Florida man sentenced to 3 years for spitting on 70-year-old man who asked him to social distance
57) The place where this appalling example of inhumanity resides. She ought to be thrown to the jaguars in #55 (above): Florida woman arrested after keeping child with autism in cage
52) The place where this idiot could not even manage to complete the job of earning a Darwin Award: Florida man shoots himself while showing off gun in bar
53) The place where this semi-human piece of shit will be spending an inadequate amount of time in prison: Florida man who hid HIV status from gal pals sentenced to prison
54) Not a place where “gator tossing” is recognized as an official sport, and he will pay a price for his ignorance. Maybe he will learn a lesson: Florida man tries to throw live gator onto building’s roof
More proof that sports are run by jerks and assholes
So the headline reads as follows:
Norwegian women’s beach handball team fined for wearing shorts instead of bikini bottoms
Here’s the sexist stuff that oozes out:
the EHF’s regulations require players to wear bikini bottoms when they are competing.
“Women should wear a bikini where the top should be a tight-fitting sports bra with deep openings at the arms. The bottom must not be more than ten centimeters on the sides,” the regulations state.
In comparison, the regulation for men state that players must wear “tight-fitting tank tops” and shorts that are “not too baggy” and “10 centimeters above the kneecap.”
Like I said, jerks and assholes.
Tennessee: where Republicans want the children to die from preventable disease.
This is sick and sickening. Follow the link below for the full story.
Tennessee abandons vaccine outreach to minors — not just for COVID-19.
You must be logged in to post a comment.