If your wife were to go back home to Slovenia, would the authorities there even let you enter the country if you were to go along or visit? My guess is they would deny you entry as an undesirable.
Trump’s latest racist screeds attacking non-white Democratic members of Congress do not even come with any attempt by anyone in his so-called administration trying to excuse them. Remember, this is now the “we don’t do press briefings” White House. It would seem that the people who “work” in the White House press office just sit around with their feet on their desks watching Fox News all day. But I digress…
No Republican of any significance has challenged or criticized Trump’s blatantly racist comments, nor will they. Trump is their meal ticket for staying in power, so they will continue to be spineless sycophants, heaping praise upon their dear leader.
Pardon me while I go throw up.
How about even more years? So, the would-be dictator for life has again dropped a hint (threat?) about his potential endgame. As reported by multiple news outlets, Trump said this on his Twitter feed: “at the end of 6 years, after America has been made GREAT again and I leave the beautiful White House (do you think the people would demand that I stay longer? KEEP AMERICA GREAT)”
That was certainly not his first hint at wanting to stay beyond the two terms allowed by the Constitution. In March, 2018 Trump, at a Republican fund-raising lunch, while commenting on Chinese President Xi Jinping’s recent consolidation of power he said, “He’s now president for life. President for life. And he’s great.” Adding, “I think it’s great. Maybe we’ll give that a shot someday.”
Now famously, former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen, testified to the House oversight committee earlier this year that he believes “there will never be a peaceful transition of power” if Trump loses in 2020.
If Mike Pence thinks being Vice President will be a stepping stone to his own turn as President, he has another think coming. Trump is likely to only reliquish power to Don Jr. or to his incest-fantasy daughter Ivanka.
But it is not. Sigh. Just the headlines, they are bad enough. All from this evening.
- Mother, daughter charged in murder of pregnant teen who was strangled before baby was cut out of her womb
- Trump administration defends $62M bailout to crooked Brazilian meatpacker
- Former government sniper admits he shot former girlfriend to death on Manhattan street
- ’You Jews, I’m gonna get you’: Florida man charged after allegedly spitting on, threatening to sexually assault Jewish people
- Five more states sue OxyContin maker Purdue Pharma over opioid marketing
- L.I. high school teacher faces 20 years in prison after pleading guilty to possession of child porn
- Pennsylvania man has his scrotum torn open by angry girlfriend, leaving him with a bleeding testicle
I could post more, but you get it.
Florida, The Weirdo State™. So here is yet another Florida story. The headlin says it all, but I have linked to the article. The photo in the article is especially charming.
Today’s weirdo news. As usual, the headline is probably enough, but I have linked to the news article: